blanket alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Coverage" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of blanket or a related project?
FYI: Please note that this repo is not actively maintained
NOTE: All Pull-Requests must be made into the
- Getting Started
- Grunt Integration
- Compatibility & Features List
- Roll Your Own
- Revision History
NOTE: Blanket.js will throw XHR cross domain errors if run with the file:// protocol. See [Special Features Guide](docs/special_features.md) for more details and workarounds.
Please see the following guides for using Blanket.js:
- [Getting Started](docs/getting_started_browser.md) (Basic QUnit usage)
- [Intermediate](docs/intermediate_browser.md) (Other test runners, global options)
- [Advanced](docs/advanced_browser.md) (writing your own reporters/adapters)
- [Special Features Guide](docs/special_features.md)
- [Getting Started](docs/getting_started_node.md) (basic mocha setup)
- [Intermediate](docs/intermediate_node.md) (mocha testrunner, travis-ci reporter)
- [Intermediate 2](docs/intermediate_node_2.md) (mocha, htmlcov, package.json setup)
- [Options](docs/options.md) (Browser and Node)
- Easy to install
- Easy to use
- Easy to understand
Blanket.js can be run seamlessly or can be customized for your needs.
Blanket works in a 3 step process:
- Loading your source files
- Parsing the code using Esprima and node-falafel, and instrumenting the file by adding code tracking lines.
- Connecting to hooks in the test runner to output the coverage details after the tests have completed.
You've got a few options for using Grunt with Blanket:
A Grunt plugin has been created to allow you to use Blanket like a "traditional" code coverage tool (creating instrumented copies of physical files, as opposed to live-instrumenting). The plugin runs as a standlone project and can be found here.
Runs the QUnit-based Blanket report headlessly using PhantomJS. Results are displayed on the console, and the task will cause Grunt to fail if any of your configured coverage thresholds are not met. Minimum code coverage thresholds can be configured per-file, per-module, and globally.
Compatibility and Features List
See the Compatiblity and Feature List including links to working examples.
Roll your own
git clone email@example.com:alex-seville/blanket.git
- Add your custom build details to the grunt.js file under
npm run build
A minified and unminfied copy of the source can be created (see the
All development takes place on the
Your pull request must pass all tests (run
npm test to be sure) and respect all existing coverage thresholds
Feel free to add questions to the Issue tracker, or send them to @blanket_js.
Thanks to the many people who have contributed to the project.
Feb 18-15 - 1.2.2 PR's merged, but this project is not actively maintained.
May 1-13 - 1.1.4
Loaded reverting for grunt-blanket, branch tracking reporter fixed, coverage on-the-go (displaying coverage results while a single page is being used).
Apr 28-13 - 1.1.3 YUI support added with custom adapter (and some wrapping code). CompoundJS support appears to be outside the scope of project.
... (see [full revision history](HISTORY.md))
Copyright (c) 2012-2013 Alex Seville
Licensed under the MIT license.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the blanket README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.