⚡️ Postcss is the future. In the spirit of the year coming to a close, I'm updating this project to represent what is to come in the world of front-end development.
👷 The project is less monolithic now. Before - the main repo contained all of the pre-processor partials along with a complicated gulpfile. Now the main build system is just using posts and everything runs with a simple
npm start. There are dedicated modules for sass, less, and stylus. Myth has been deprecated.
👍 The repo is a lot more simple now. Simple takes time and thought. But I think it's better.
⚡️ What could possibly have updated
🆕 New classes for setting border colors on html elements, as well as fills and strokes on svg elements. As I’ve been working a lot with inline svg lately - I’ve been thirsting for the ability to apply color classes to svg elements instead of looking up hex codes and editing the fill value every time I want to change something. Ive been using similar border-color utilities in my tachyons project and thought they’d be useful and appropriate here as well. Also edited the dev workflow that was previously set up with gulp. New plugins and tasks are available.
Even with the additions of border-color, fill and stroke, colors.css remains a small css module that
won’t add bloat to your existing css.
colors.css 888b (uncompressed and gzipped) colors.min.css 647b (minified and gzipped)
- ✂ Removes css for styling unqualified link attributes
- ➕ Adds classes for setting border colors on html elements
- ➕ Adds classes for setting stroke colors on svg elements
- ➕ Adds classes for setting fill color on svg elements
- ➕ Adds gulp plugins for renaming files before magnification. Fixes minifcation bug in build process
- ✂ Removes livereload gulp plug in in favor of browser-sync.
Now watch this and try not to smile:
You can now install colors using bower.