Cypress v6.1.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-12-07 // almost 2 years ago
🚀 Released 12/07/2020
- 🔧 There's a new
scrollBehaviorconfiguration option that controls the viewport position when an element is scrolled prior to action commands. Possible values are
'top'being the default.
scrollBehavior: falsedisables scrolling altogether.
scrollBehaviorcan be specified in global configuration, test configuration or individual action commands via
options. Addresses #871 and #4356.
- ✅ The Tests tab in the Test Runner now orders folders before files. This matches the ordering of most IDEs' file explorers. Addresses #7334.
- 🛠 Responses stubbed from
cy.intercept()will now automatically set
Access-Control-Allow-Credentialsto permissive values unless explicitly overridden. Fixes #9264.
Cannot read property "fireChangeEvent" of undefinederror will no longer throw during a race condition when using
- 🛠 HTTP responses that cannot have a body (like HTTP 304 and HTTP 204) can now be awaited using
cy.intercept(). Fixes #8934 and #8999.
- 🛠 We fixed an issue where HTTP redirects could not be awaited using
cy.intercept()unless dynamically intercepted. Addressed in #9097.
- ✅ Tests will no longer hang in certain situations when there's an error in a
before()hook. Fixes #9162.
- 🛠 We no longer strip
/from URLs when they are explicitly passed with query paramaters. Fixes #9360.
🚀 Deprecations still work as before but will be removed from Cypress in a future release. We encourage you to update your code now to remove uses of deprecations.
Cypress.momenthas been deprecated and will be replaced in a future release. Consider migrating to a different datetime formatter. Addresses #8714.
- 👍 We collect more environment variables from Bitbucket to better detect reruns. Addresses #9309.
animationDistanceThresholdtypes are now included for all actionable commands. Addresses #8854.
⚡️ Dependency Updates:
- ⬆️ Upgraded
2.0.0. Addressed in #9528.
- 🔧 There's a new
Previous changes from v6.0.1
🚀 Released 11/30/2020
- 💻 Chromium based browsers on version 87 will no longer show recorded videos as frozen or blank. Fixes #9265.
- 🛠 We fixed a regression introduced in 5.0.0 that would cause an
Option 'sourceMap' cannot be specified with option 'inlineSourceMap'error to throw when setting
sourceMapin your tsconfig. Fixes #8477.
cy.screenshot()no longer throws an
"offset" is out of rangeerror when Cypress attempts to crop the image. Fixes #2034.
cy.screenshot()types won't mistakenly display the command as deprecated. Fixes #9303.
- 🛠 Lower-cased HTTP methods can now be used with
cy.intercept(). Fixes #9313.