GrapesJS alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "derby" category.
Alternatively, view GrapesJS alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
8.3 5.6 L4 GrapesJS VS Adonis🚀 The Node.js Framework highly focused on developer ergonomics, stability and confidence
7.5 6.0 GrapesJS VS Rete.jsRete.js is a framework for creating visual interfaces and workflows. It provides out-of-the-box solutions for visualization using various libraries and frameworks, as well as solutions for processing graphs based on dataflow and control flow approaches.
4.1 9.1 GrapesJS VS FoalTSFull-featured Node.js framework, with no complexity. 🚀 Simple and easy to use, TypeScript-based and well-documented.
1.6 0.0 GrapesJS VS WhatsupA frontend framework for chillout-mode development 🥤 JSX components on generators*, fast mobx-like state management and exclusive cssx style system
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of GrapesJS or a related project?
GrapesJS is a free and open source Web Builder Framework which helps building HTML templates, faster and easily, to be delivered in sites, newsletters or mobile apps. Mainly, GrapesJS was designed to be used inside a CMS to speed up the creation of dynamic templates. To better understand this concept check the image below
Generally any 'template system', that you'd find in various applications like CMS, is composed by the structure (HTML), style (CSS) and variables, which are then replaced with other templates and contents on server-side and rendered on client.
Table of contents
|Blocks||Style Manager||Layer Manager|
|Code Viewer||Asset Manager|
Local and remote storage
Default built-in commands (basically for creating and managing different components)
- UNPKG (resolves to the latest version)
- CDNJS (replace
X.X.Xwith the current version)
npm i grapesjs
git clone https://github.com/artf/grapesjs.git
For the development purpose you should follow instructions below.
For a more practical example I'd suggest looking up the code inside this demo: http://grapesjs.com/demo.html
Clone the repository and install all the necessary dependencies (
yarn is highly recommended)
$ git clone https://github.com/artf/grapesjs.git $ cd grapesjs $ yarn
Start the dev server
$ yarn start
Once the development server is started you should be able to reach the demo page (eg.
Check the getting started guide here: Documentation
API References could be found here: API-Reference
$ yarn test
- grapesjs-plugin-export - Export GrapesJS templates in a zip archive
- grapesjs-plugin-filestack - Add Filestack uploader in Asset Manager
- grapesjs-plugin-ckeditor - Replaces the built-in RTE with CKEditor
- grapesjs-aviary - Add the Aviary Image Editor (dismissed, use the plugin below instead)
- grapesjs-tui-image-editor - GrapesJS TOAST UI Image Editor
- grapesjs-blocks-basic - Basic set of blocks
- grapesjs-plugin-forms - Set of form components and blocks
- grapesjs-navbar - Simple navbar component
- grapesjs-component-countdown - Simple countdown component
- grapesjs-style-gradient - Add
gradienttype input to the Style Manager
- grapesjs-style-filter - Add
filtertype input to the Style Manager
- grapesjs-style-bg - Full-stack background style property type, with the possibility to add images, colors, and gradients
- grapesjs-blocks-flexbox - Add the flexbox block
- grapesjs-lory-slider - Slider component by using lory
- grapesjs-tabs - Simple tabs component
- grapesjs-tooltip - Simple, CSS only, tooltip component for GrapesJS
- grapesjs-custom-code - Embed custom code
- grapesjs-touch - Enable touch support
- grapesjs-indexeddb - Storage wrapper for IndexedDB
- grapesjs-firestore - Storage wrapper for Cloud Firestore
- grapesjs-parser-postcss - Custom CSS parser for GrapesJS by using PostCSS
- grapesjs-typed - Typed component made by wrapping Typed.js library
- grapesjs-preset-webpage - Webpage Builder
- grapesjs-preset-newsletter - Newsletter Builder
- grapesjs-mjml - Newsletter Builder with MJML components
Find out more about plugins here: Creating plugins
If you like the project and you wish to see it grow, please consider supporting us with a donation of your choice or become a backer/sponsor via Open Collective
Thanks to BrowserStack for providing us browser testing services
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the GrapesJS README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.