HTML5 Boilerplate is a professional front-end template for building
fast, robust, and adaptable web apps or sites.
This project is the product of many years of iterative development and combined community knowledge. It does not impose a specific development philosophy or framework, so you're free to architect your code in the way that you want.
html5-boilerplate alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Boilerplates" category
An intro page with a full width background image, a bold animated menu and an iOS-like blurred effect behind the navigation
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of html5-boilerplate or a related project?
HTML5 Boilerplate is a professional front-end template for building fast, robust, and adaptable web apps or sites.
This project is the product of years of iterative development and community knowledge. It does not impose a specific development philosophy or framework, so you're free to architect your code in the way that you want.
- Homepage: https://html5boilerplate.com/
- Source: https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate
- Twitter: @h5bp
Choose one of the following options:
- Download the latest stable release from html5boilerplate.com.
- Clone the git repo —
git clone https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate.git- and checkout the tagged release you'd like to use.
- Install with npm:
npm install html5-boilerplateand pull in what you need from the resulting
- Install with yarn:
yarn add html5-boilerplate
- HTML5 ready. Use the new elements with confidence.
- Designed with progressive enhancement in mind.
- Placeholder CSS Media Queries.
- Useful CSS helper classes.
- Default print styles, performance optimized.
- An optimized version of the Google Universal Analytics snippet.
- Protection against any stray
- "Delete-key friendly." Easy to strip out parts you don't need.
- Extensive inline and accompanying documentation.
- Chrome (latest 2)
- Edge (latest 2)
- Firefox (latest 2)
- Internet Explorer 11
- Opera (latest 2)
- Safari (latest 2)
This doesn't mean that HTML5 Boilerplate cannot be used in older browsers, just that we'll ensure compatibility with the ones mentioned above.
Take a look at the [documentation table of contents](dist/doc/TOC.md). This documentation is bundled with the project which makes it available for offline reading and provides a useful starting point for any documentation you want to write about your project.
Hundreds of developers have helped to make the HTML5 Boilerplate. Anyone is welcome to [contribute](.github/CONTRIBUTING.md), however, if you decide to get involved, please take a moment to review the [guidelines](.github/CONTRIBUTING.md):
- [Bug reports](.github/CONTRIBUTING.md#bugs)
- [Feature requests](.github/CONTRIBUTING.md#features)
- [Pull requests](.github/CONTRIBUTING.md#pull-requests)
The code is available under the [MIT license](LICENSE.txt).
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the html5-boilerplate README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.