HTML5 Boilerplate is a professional front-end template for building
fast, robust, and adaptable web apps or sites.
This project is the product of many years of iterative development and combined community knowledge. It does not impose a specific development philosophy or framework, so you're free to architect your code in the way that you want.
html5-boilerplate alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Boilerplates" category.
Alternatively, view html5-boilerplate alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
4.8 3.8 html5-boilerplate VS React PWAAn upgradable boilerplate for Progressive web applications (PWA) with server side rendering, build with SEO in mind and achieving max page speed and optimized user experience.
An intro page with a full width background image, a bold animated menu and an iOS-like blurred effect behind the navigation
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of html5-boilerplate or a related project?
HTML5 Boilerplate is a professional front-end template for building fast, robust, and adaptable web apps or sites.
This project is the product of over 10 years of iterative development and community knowledge. It does not impose a specific development philosophy or framework, so you're free to architect your code in the way that you want.
- Homepage: https://html5boilerplate.com/
- Source: https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate
- Twitter: @h5bp
Choose one of the following options:
- Download the latest stable release from
html5boilerplate.com. This zip file is a
snapshot of the
distfolder. On Windows, Mac and from the file manager on Linux unzipping this folder will output to a folder named something like
html5-boilerplate_v7.3.0. From the command line will need to create a folder and unzip the contents into that folder.
mkdir html5-boilerplate unzip html5-boilerplate*.zip -d html5-boilerplate
Clone the git repo —
git clone https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate.git- and checkout the tagged release you'd like to use. The
distfolder represents the latest version of the project for end users.
Install with npm:
npm install html5-boilerplateor yarn:
yarn add html5-boilerplate. The resulting
node_modules/html5-boilerplate/distfolder represents the latest version of the project for end users. Depending on what you want to use and how you want to use it, you may have to copy and paste the contents of that folder into your project directory.
Using our new create-html5-boilerplate project, instantly fetch the latest npm published package (or any version available on npm) with
yarn createwithout having to install any dependencies. Running the following
npxcommand installs the latest version into a folder called
npx create-html5-boilerplate new-site cd new-site npm install npm start
- A finely-tuned starter template. Reap the benefits of 10 years of analysis, research and experimentation by over 200 contributors.
- Designed with progressive enhancement in mind.
- Placeholder Open Graph elements and attributes.
- An example package.json file with Parcel commands built in to jumpstart application development
- Placeholder CSS Media Queries.
- Useful CSS helper classes.
- Default print styles, performance optimized.
- An optimized version of the Google Universal Analytics snippet.
- Protection against any stray
- "Delete-key friendly." Easy to strip out parts you don't need.
- Extensive documentation.
- Chrome (latest 2)
- Edge (latest 2)
- Firefox (latest 2)
- Internet Explorer 11
- Opera (latest 2)
- Safari (latest 2)
This doesn't mean that HTML5 Boilerplate cannot be used in older browsers, just that we'll ensure compatibility with the ones mentioned above.
Take a look at the [documentation table of contents](dist/doc/TOC.md). This documentation is bundled with the project which makes it available for offline reading and provides a useful starting point for any documentation you want to write about your project.
Hundreds of developers have helped to make the HTML5 Boilerplate. Anyone is welcome to [contribute](.github/CONTRIBUTING.md), however, if you decide to get involved, please take a moment to review the [guidelines](.github/CONTRIBUTING.md):
- [Bug reports](.github/CONTRIBUTING.md#bugs)
- [Feature requests](.github/CONTRIBUTING.md#features)
- [Pull requests](.github/CONTRIBUTING.md#pull-requests)
The code is available under the [MIT license](LICENSE.txt).
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the html5-boilerplate README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.