Monaco Editor v0.20.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-02-10 // 4 months ago
🆕 New & Noteworthy
- The editor can now be hosted inside a Shadow Root.
- There is new API to read the editor's content width and height.
- 🆕 New editor options:
renderValidationDecorations- render validation decorations even in read only editors
wrappingStrategy- delegate wrapping points computation to the browser
comments.insertSpace- insert a space around comments when running commenting commands
foldingHighlight- highlight folded regions
peekWidgetDefaultFocus- focus the inline editor or the tree when opening peek view
💥 Breaking changes
- 📇 Renamed
- 🔄 Changed the argument passed in to
WorkspaceEdit.editshas now changed its shape such that edits must no longer be grouped by resource.
- ✅ The Monaco Editor no longer supports IE 11. The last version that was tested in IE 11 is 0.18.1.
- 📄 Josh Goldberg (@JoshuaKGoldberg): Added section in Monarch docs for Inspect Tokens development helper PR #1807
- 0️⃣ Elizabeth Craig (@ecraig12345): Add types for TypeScriptWorker and missing LanguageServiceDefaults methods PR #54
Previous changes from v0.19.3
- brings back a way to get resolved editor options - #1734