pickadate.js v3.0.0 Release Notes
🚀 With this major release, the entire API has been rethought to allow the picker to be much more configurable and extensible. These are the most notable updates:
- #20: Introduced a new time picker.
- #112: Firefox select month/year fix.
- #84: Scrollbar not hidden to avoid page shift.
- 👍 #89: Better event handling on clicks/focuses/keydowns within the holder.
- #98: Destroy picker data from element.
- ➕ Added Grunt.js build system.
- ➕ Added QUnit test suite.
- ➕ Added Travis integration.
- ⚡️ Updated themes to be LESS-based.
- ✂ Removed “inline” and “inline-fixed” themes.
- ✂ Removed jam.js bindings within
- ✂ Removed official support for IE7. Still works but looks odd.
To enable all this goodness, some backward-incompatible changes have been introduced. These are the main ones:
#85: Months have zero-as-index:
monthused to create dates is now based on zero as the first index. Meaning:
[2013,0,1] → January 01, 2013 [2013,11,1] → December 01, 2013
isOpen → get('open') getDate → get('select') getDateLimit → get('min') or get('max') setDate → set('select', …) setDateLimit → set('min', …) or set('max', …) show → set('view', …)
showMonthsFull → showMonthsShort showWeekdaysShort → showWeekdaysFull yearSelector → selectYears monthSelector → selectMonths dateMin → min dateMax → max datesDisabled → disable onSelect → onSet
🚚 Options removed:
To add labels for the month navigation tabs, use CSS pseudo-elements instead.
A few HTML classes name and property changes.
Formatting rules that appear within a word need to be escaped with an exclamation mark (!).