simpleParallax v5.0.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2019-05-22 // 10 months ago
🚀 This release is a full re-think and re-work of the architecture. simpleParallax now use ES6 classes.
Here what has been done:
- Gulp is not used anymore and has been replaced by Webpack and its libraryTarget set as UMD.
- We now have a global simpleParallax container that initiates as many as you want instances of each parallax image. The controller and the instance are separated in two different files.
- simpleParallax is now using the Intersection Observer API to check is an element is visible or not.
- Destroy method has been simplified.
- Breakpoint setting is now taking into consideration when user resize the window.
- 🐎 optimisation has been done with the Request Animation Frame. Now if you create a new parallax instance after you already created one before, this will be added in the same animation frame to gain performance. Really useful when you want different orientations of parallax in the same page.
- 🚚 no more IE11 support, polyfills have been removed. IE was never able to render the parallax effect properly anyway. If you still want to ensure compatibility to IE11, use the version 4.2.1.
- 4 new orientations have been added - up left, up right, down left, and down right.
simpleparallax.com and the logo have been refreshed by the way.
List of commits
- 🍱 🎨 🔥 #c4fd8a - set webpack environment and remove gulp/express/browserify
- 🍱 🎨 🔥 #056633 - remove/adapt the handle function with ES6 standart #14
- 🍱 ⚡️ #b8667e - add Intersection Observer to check if element is visible
- 🍱 🎨 🚚 #9ea196 - full restructuration of simpleParallax architecture
- 👕 🎨 #ba6609 - add prettier pre-commit with Husky and Lint Staged
- 🍱 ⚡️ #876347 - every new instance of parallax won't create a new Request Animation Frame if there is already an existing one
- 🍱 🐛 #af10cc - fix an issue when destroy method was destroying all instances of simpleParallax - even instances that were not in the initial instance to removed
- 🍱 💥 🔥 #a3c190 - remove IE polyfill - no more IE11 support
- 🍱 ✨ #cc8480 - you can now choose 4 new orientations - "up left", "up right", "down left" and "down right"
- 🍱 ♿️ #b8e1bb - add support back for old browser that doesn't support Intersection Observer API