Stimulus v2.0.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-12-04 // about 1 year ago
- 🆕 NEW: Values and CSS classes APIs (#202)
- 🆕 NEW: Support for DOM event listener options (#232)
- 🔄 CHANGED: Target attributes are now scoped by identifier (2235047)
- 🔄 CHANGED: Default event for text inputs from
- 🛠 FIXED: Invoking actions for events dispatched during connect (6129975, #222)
- 🛠 FIXED: Error using SVG elements in IE 11 (aa76e25, #274)
- 🛠 FIXED: Nested global action binding (2b6facc, #307)
⬆️ If you're upgrading from a previous version of Stimulus, note that the syntax for target attributes has changed to move the controller identifier into the attribute's name. The new format is
data-target="[identifier].[name]". You can still use the old syntax, but you will see a warning in the console, and support will be removed in a future version.
The data map API from Stimulus 1.0 will continue to work but is no longer documented and should be considered internal. We suggest migrating to the new values API.