handlebars.js v4.7.7 Release NotesRelease Date: 2021-02-15 // 4 months ago
- 🛠 fix weird error in integration tests - eb860c0
- 🛠 fix: check prototype property access in strict-mode (#1736) - b6d3de7
- 🛠 fix: escape property names in compat mode (#1736) - f058970
- ♻️ refactor: In spec tests, use expectTemplate over equals and shouldThrow (#1683) - 77825f8
- ✅ chore: start testing on Node.js 12 and 13 - 3789a30
(POSSIBLY) BREAKING CHANGES:
- 🚀 the changes from version 4.6.0 now also apply in when using the compile-option "strict: true". Access to prototype properties is forbidden completely by default, specific properties or methods can be allowed via runtime-options. See #1633 for details. If you are using Handlebars as documented, you should not be accessing prototype properties from your template anyway, so the changes should not be a problem for you. Only the use of undocumented features can break your build.
That is why we only bump the patch version despite mentioning breaking changes.