Magnific-Popup alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Modals and Popups" category.
Alternatively, view Magnific-Popup alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
7.4 8.9 L3 Magnific-Popup VS tetherA positioning engine to make overlays, tooltips and dropdowns better
6.9 0.0 Magnific-Popup VS vexA modern dialog library which is highly configurable and easy to style. #hubspot-open-source
1.8 0.0 Magnific-Popup VS 🦞 ModaliA delightful modal dialog component for React, built from the ground up to support React Hooks.
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Magnific-Popup or a related project?
🇺🇦 UKRAINE NEEDS YOUR HELP NOW!
I'm the creator of this project and I'm Ukrainian.
My country, Ukraine, is being invaded by the Russian Federation, right now. I've fled Kyiv and now I'm safe with my family in the western part of Ukraine. At least for now. Russia is hitting target all over my country by ballistic missiles.
Please, save me and help to save my country!
Ukrainian National Bank opened an account to Raise Funds for Ukraine’s Armed Forces:
SWIFT Code NBU: NBUA UA UX JP MORGAN CHASE BANK, New York SWIFT Code: CHASUS33 Account: 400807238 383 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10179, USA IBAN: UA843000010000000047330992708
You can also donate to charity supporting Ukrainian army.
Magnific Popup Repository
Fast, light and responsive lightbox plugin, for jQuery and Zepto.js.
- Documentation and getting started guide.
- Examples and plugin home page.
- More examples in CodePen collection.
Optionally, install via Bower
bower install magnific-popup or npm:
npm install magnific-popup.
gem install magnific-popup-rails.
- WordPress plugin - under development.
- Drupal module.
- Concrete5 add-on.
- Redaxo add-on.
- Contao extension.
If you created an extension for some CMS, email me and I'll add it to this list.
Location of stuff
- Generated popup JS and CSS files are in folder dist/. (Online build tool is on documentation page).
- Source files are in folder src/. They include Sass CSS file and js parts (edit them if you wish to submit commit).
- Website (examples & documentation) is in folder website/.
- Documentation page itself is in website/documentation.md (contributions to it are very welcome).
Using Magnific Popup?
If you used Magnific Popup in some interesting way, or on site of popular brand, I'd be very grateful if you email me a link to it.
1) Copy repository
git clone https://github.com/dimsemenov/Magnific-Popup.git
2) Go inside Magnific Popup folder that you fetched and install Node dependencies
cd Magnific-Popup && npm install
3) Now simply run
grunt to generate JS and CSS in folder
dist and site in folder
grunt watchto automatically rebuild script when you change files in
- If you don't have and don't want to install Jekyll, run
grunt nositeto just build JS and CSS files related to popup in
Script is MIT licensed and free and will always be kept this way. But has a small restriction from me - please do not create public WordPress plugin based on it(or at least contact me before creating it), because I will make it and it'll be open source too (want to get notified?).
Bugs & contributing
Please report bugs via GitHub and ask general questions through Stack Overflow. Feel free to submit commit pull-request, even the tiniest contributions to the script or to the documentation are very welcome.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Magnific-Popup README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.