ApostropheCMS v3.5.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2021-09-23 // 30 days ago
- 🏗 Pinned dependency on
apos-build.jsbuild error in production.
- The file size of uploaded media is visible again when selected in the editor, and media information such as upload date, dimensions and file size is now properly localized.
- 🛠 Fixes moog error messages to reflect the recommended pattern of customization functions only taking
selfas an argument.
- 💅 Rich Text widgets now instantiate with a valid element from the
stylesoption rather than always starting with an unclassed
- 🚀 Since version 3.2.0, apostrophe modules to be loaded via npm must appear as explicit npm dependencies of the project. This is a necessary security and stability improvement, but it was slightly too strict. Starting with this release, if the project has no
package.jsonin its root directory, the
package.jsonin the closest ancestor directory is consulted.
- 🛠 Fixes a bug where having no project modules directory would throw an error. This is primarily a concern for module unit tests where there are no additional modules involved.
url()in css files inside
assetsso that paths are left intact, i.e.
url(/images/file.svg)will now find a static file at
/public/images/file.svg(static assets in
/publicare served by
express.static). Thanks to Matic Tersek.
- ⏪ Restored support for clicking on a "foreign" area, i.e. an area displayed on the page whose content comes from a piece, in order to edit it in an appropriate way.
- 🔧 Apostrophe module aliases and the data attached to them are now visible immediately to
aliasoption configured for that module. Previously one had to write
apos.modules['module-name']or wait until next tick. However, note that most modules do not push any data to the browser when a user is not logged in. You can do so in a custom module by calling
initand implementing or extending the
getBrowserData(req)method (note that page, piece and widget types already have one, so it is important to extend in those cases).
options.testModuleworks properly when implementing unit tests for an npm module that is namespaced.
- 0️⃣ Cascade grouping (e.g., grouping fields) will now concatenate a group's field name array with the field name array of an existing group of the same name. Put simply, if a new piece module adds their custom fields to a
basicsgroup, that field will be added to the default
basicsgroup fields. Previously the new group would have replaced the old, leaving inherited fields in the "Ungrouped" section.
blockmodifier now less login-specific
- 💅 Rich Text widget's styles support a
defproperty for specifying the default style the editor should instantiate with.
- A more helpful error message if a field of type
areais missing its
- 🏗 Pinned dependency on
Previous changes from v3.4.1
🚀 No changes. Publishing to correctly mark the latest 3.x release as "latest" in npm.