karma alternatives and similar libraries
Based on the "Runner" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of karma or a related project?
The main purpose of Karma is to make your test-driven development easy, fast, and fun.
Help and Support
For questions and support please use the mailing list or Gitter. The issue tracker is for bug reports and feature discussions only.
- Obligatory documentation
- Quick questions:
- Longer questions: Mailing List
- Bug reports Issue Tracker
- Everything less than 140 characters: @JsKarma on Twitter
When should I use Karma?
- You want to test code in real browsers.
- You want to test code in multiple browsers (desktop, mobile, tablets, etc.).
- You want to execute your tests locally during development.
- You want to execute your tests on a continuous integration server.
- You want to execute your tests on every save.
- You love your terminal.
- You don't want your (testing) life to suck.
- You want to use Istanbul to automagically generate coverage reports.
- You want to use RequireJS for your source files.
But I still want to use _insert testing library_
Karma is not a testing framework, nor an assertion library. Karma just launches an HTTP server, and generates the test runner HTML file you probably already know from your favourite testing framework. So for testing purposes you can use pretty much anything you like. There are already plugins for most of the common testing frameworks:
If you can't find an adapter for your favourite framework, don't worry and write your own. It's not that hard and we are here to help.
Which Browsers can I use?
All the major browsers are supported, if you want to know more see the browsers page.
I want to use it. Where do I sign?
You don't need to sign anything but here are some resources to help you to get started...
Every serious project has a screencast, so here is ours. Just click here and let the show begin.
This is so great. I want to help.
Please, see contributing.
Why did you create this?
My boss wants a license. So where is it?
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the karma README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.